P/s Hands on video uploaded!.
I believe Samsung Galaxy Note is no stranger to everyone. The successor, Samsung Galaxy Note II finally arrived Malaysia shore and just officially launched tonight at Zebra Square KL.
Honestly I wasn't impressed with tonight presentation. It wasn't as awesome as the launch of Samsung Galaxy S III. The venue is small and packed.
They did not demo much on Samsung Galaxy Note II function. Is just a quick touch and go.
If you are clueless about Samsung Galaxy Note II, here are the key features/specification :
- Quad-band GSM and quad-band 3G with 21 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA support
- Optional LTE connectivity
- 5.5" 16M-color Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of HD (720 x 1280 pixel) resolution; Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Android OS v4.1 with TouchWiz launcher
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, 2GB of RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad chipset
- S Pen active stylus with deep system integration
- 8 MP wide-angle lens autofocus camera with LED flash, face, smile and blink detection
- 1080p HD video recording at 30fps
- 16/32/64GB internal storage, microSD slot
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; GLONASS support, Digital compass
- NFC support
- Stereo Bluetooth v4.0
- FM radio with RDS
- microUSB port with USB host and TV-out (1080p) support, MHL, charging
- Accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Great audio quality
- Very slim at only 9.4mm
- 1.9MP secondary video-call camera
- Document editor and file manager comes preinstalled
- Extremely rich video and audio codec support
- Huge 3100 mAh battery
What distinguish between this and Galaxy S III was the extra software features :
- Pop Up Note - allows S Note to be opened as a pop-up window anywhere on screen,\.
- Multiwindow - multitask by having apps opened in a single screen.
- Pop Up Video - Extended version of Samsung Galaxy S III Pop Up Play where video become a floating window on display with the touch of a button, allowing it to be repositioned to any part of the screen.
Honestly the main thing that attracted me was the Multiwindow. Unfortunately the firmware on the demo set wasn't updated, thus i have no chance to experienced it. It would be very cool thing to have. Imagine facebook and twitter on same time?
Another main attraction of Galaxy Note II was none other than the wacom stylus, S Pen. As a designer itself, I cant help it but took the S Pen and have a quick draw. Oh well, I know my drawing sucks but hey it is fun to doodle around.
The new Samsung Galaxy Note II will be available in Marble White and Titanium Gray on 19th October 2012 with retail price of RM2299. Celcom, Digi and Maxis will have bundle plan.
Hopefully I get a review set and share my experience with you all :)