The participating bloggers have to create their own recipes using any of the Simplot hashbrown products ranging from Simplot Popcorn Hashbrown, Simplot Triangle Hashbrown, Simplot Mini Hashbrown and Simplot Hashbrowns and blog about it. They are also encouraged to use Leggo’s sauces to make the recipes more interesting. The blog posts will be evaluated by Simplot representatives consisting of Chef Poobalan, K.K. Saw, Commercial Marketing Assistant Manager of Simplot Southeast Asia and Ong E-Laine, Regional Commercial Marketing Manager of Simplot Southeast Asia. The top eight bloggers with the best recipes will be revealed from 14 May 2013 onwards via email and live feed on www.simplygood.com.my.
The eight shortlisted bloggers will then advance to the Simplot Award – Best Food Blogger Cook-Off Challenge on 21st May 2013 where they will put their culinary skills to test in order to vie for the coveted grand prize of RM5,000, Philips kitchen appliances worth RM2,000 and Simplot products. The first and second-runner ups will walk away with RM3,000 and RM2,000 in cash prizes, Simplot products as well as Philips kitchen appliances worth RM1000 and RM600 respectively. To further amplify the excitement, renowned chefs such as Chef Poobalan, Dr. Sidney Kan, and celebrity Chef Dato’ Fazley Yaakob will be the panel of judges on event day.
To find out more about Simplot Award – Best Food Blogger cooking competition, please visit www.simplygood.com.my or email to Simplot@vibescomm.com.my for further enquiries.
Here the terms and condition for the cooking competition :
Phase 1: Simplot Award – Best Food Blogger Online Cooking Competition
1. Open to all bloggers residing in Malaysia. Competition commences from 21st April 2013 until 13th May 2013, 10am
2. Participating bloggers must at least have blogged once for the past 3 months in order to qualify for the online cooking competition.
3. Bloggers must submit their particulars such as the full name as per IC, contact number, email address and blog link to Simplot@vibescomm.com.my.
4. All recipes must contain any product from the Simplot’s range of hashbrowns such as Simplot Popcorn Hashbrown, Simplot Triangle Hashbrown, Simplot Mini Hashbrown, and Simplot Hashbrowns. All ingredients must be HALAL.
5. Participating bloggers are encouraged to use Leggo’s sauces. Recipes have to be written in English or Bahasa Malaysia only.
6. Participating bloggers must provide the following on their blog posts:
• Step-by-step pictures from preparation to final product
• Description of the ingredients, preparations and cooking methods
7. The posted recipes will be judged based on the criteria below:
• Ease of preparation
8. Participation will be disqualified should the pictures contain any unoriginal material e.g. using photographs of other sources.
9. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained thereafter.
10. Top eight bloggers with the best recipes will be notified from 14 May 2013 onwards where they will advance to the Simplot Award – Best Food Blogger Cook-off Challenge.
11. Simplot reserves the right to improve, enhance, recreate and distribute submitted recipes as part of commercial purposes. Due credit shall be given to the creators of all recipes used for this purpose.
Phase 2: Simplot Award – Best Food Blogger Cook-Off Competition
1. The competition will take place at Masak-Masak, Ben’s Independent Grocer at Publika Solaris Dutamas on 21 May 2013 from 10.30am – 1pm.
2. Simplot will contact the selected bloggers via email for more details.
3. The top 8 selected bloggers are required to prepare one single dish comprising any product from Simplot’s range of hashbrowns such as the Simplot Popcorn Hashbrown, Simplot Triangle Hashbrown, Simplot Mini Hashbrown, and Simplot Hashbrowns.
4. Participants will be allocated a budget of RM88 to shop for their ingredients which includes any of the Simplot hashbrown products at Ben’s Independent Grocer, Publika Solaris Dutamas.
5. All ingredients must be HALAL.
6. Participants are given 30 minutes for grocery shopping. The cooking competition will kick off from 11am – 12noon.
7. The final product will be judged based on the criteria below:
• Ease of preparation
8. 80% of the score will be contributed by the panel of judges whereas the remaining 20% of the score will be derived from the media’s votes on the day of the competition.
9. Prizes are as below:
• Grand prize: RM5,000 cash prize, Philips kitchen appliances worth RM2,000 and Simplot products
• Second prize: RM3,000 cash prize, Philips kitchen appliances worth RM1,000 and Simplot products
• Third prize: RM2,000 cash prize, Philips kitchen appliances worth RM600 and Simplot products
• Consolation prize x 5: Philips kitchen appliances worth RM350 and Simplot products
10. The judges’ decision is final.
11. Simplot reserves the rights to change, amend, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions either written or verbal communications without prior notice at any time.